In earlier American rural life, communities raised barns because many hands were required. These events occured in a social framework with a good deal of interdependence. Members of rural communities often shared family bonds going back generations. They traded with each other, worshipped with each other and celebrated with each other. Barn raisings were an integral part of life and socializing.

In our modern American life, communities don't mean nearly as much as they did back then. It is our family's goal to bring a sense of community back to our lives and those lives that touch ours.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fruit

    Our Wednesday Wonder for today is maybe not a wonder, but it is wonderful, at least for me. My juicer arrived today! Yay! We haven't had a juicer for a couple of years, since our somewhat pricey model broke in the middle of juicing. This is a high rated and more affordable juicer and I can't wait to use it. It is my belated Mother's Day gift. Hubby and I purchased a bunch of apples to juice for breakfast tomorrow. I can't wait.
    In other, bigger news, my Doc told me that I should be in the clear and that I no longer need to be on bed rest! I am excited about this news for a plethora of reasons, most of which I am sure you can imagine. Today, my Doc is my best friend.


1 comment: