In earlier American rural life, communities raised barns because many hands were required. These events occured in a social framework with a good deal of interdependence. Members of rural communities often shared family bonds going back generations. They traded with each other, worshipped with each other and celebrated with each other. Barn raisings were an integral part of life and socializing.

In our modern American life, communities don't mean nearly as much as they did back then. It is our family's goal to bring a sense of community back to our lives and those lives that touch ours.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bugs

   I have not been blogging due to bugs. That's right, bugs. They have found their way into our house and they pester us relentlessly. Thankfully, they are not the biting kind, just the flying around in your face, annoying the crap out of you kind. What does this have to do with blogging, you ask? Well, since I blog at night and bugs are attracted to light, my computer screen draws them in hordes. It drives me to distraction and I spend more time swatting at them than I do typing. It is easier and less disgusting to just not blog. So here I sit, at the public library, in broad daylight, blogging away and catching up on this weeks' happenings. Which really have just consisted of moving, fighting bugs, moving, coming to the library every day to escape the heat (our a/c still doesn't work), and oh, moving. This morning our routine was broken by a brief but fierce hail storm. Unfortunately all this means is humidity added to our heat. Being a Western girl, humidity is unfamiliar and strange. I would rather deal with snow and freezing temps than heat and any any amount of humidity. Any time I think about moving to the East, the idea of humidity stops me mid-thought and I swing back around to the West.
   I will try blogging later tonight since it is my littlest man's birthday. I cannot believe he is two today! There is still a full day ahead of us and many more things to write about. He received one gift so far, a new pair of cowboy boots. He is totally cute in them. The heel is throwing him off a bit, but he's getting the hang of them and is tromping around making me laugh.




1 comment:

  1. :( About the bugs - are they moths, lol? Happy b-day again to T! Can't wait to see him tromping around in those boots. And I hope you are doing well with the move and the humidity...

    ReplyDelete