In earlier American rural life, communities raised barns because many hands were required. These events occured in a social framework with a good deal of interdependence. Members of rural communities often shared family bonds going back generations. They traded with each other, worshipped with each other and celebrated with each other. Barn raisings were an integral part of life and socializing.

In our modern American life, communities don't mean nearly as much as they did back then. It is our family's goal to bring a sense of community back to our lives and those lives that touch ours.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Helping Papa

 I get to help Papa do a lot around the entire ranch all the time, and it's fun. Today I drove the mule into a fence post, [ON PURPOSE!!!!!!] Well, to fix it because it was bent over, We fixed a lot of fence today. I also feed corn to the cows with Meme and Papa almost every day.The big bull's[the older bull's] get one bucket of corn, which is a lot less than the other cows get. I like helping Papa because its fun, and I get to be with him. I built a lego mule, it really looks like the real one. 
Thanks for reading, S




11 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, S - I really enjoyed reading it! I bet it was fun to run into a fence post. :) And your Lego mule is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know a mule could be a truck. You had me fooled, I thought you meant an animal "mule", until I saw the lego "mule". Thanks for posting! Now I know something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny- I designed it myself. I am glad everyone likes it. S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun and excitement over there on the Western Slope. I also was confused about the mule, but your Lego creation explained it so well!

    How many cows are on your farm? Are they milk cows, or beef cows?

    I think it is really neat that you guys live in a barn now.

    Also, Amanda, I like your Current Moon info here. I have a moon info application on my phone, and I check it a lot. Are you guys noticing any patterns with the farm life with respect to the moon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. S., now you need to get Papa to let you drive the truck!!!
    Great post. I love the picture of the Coble Boys.

    Glad to hear you are liking everything out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the same as April that you drove the animal mule into the fence post. I was wondering how you got that stubborn animal to do that, lol!

    It was good to see you and Macie, briefly, last Friday :)

    Shawn (Sandis & Stella's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  7. S you taught a lot of us adults that mule doesn't just refer to a donkey, which by the way is my favorite animal. Keep up all the good work and say "hi" to your bro and sis!
    -Jenn and Remi

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are about 1,800 cows on the ranch. That includes the bulls, the steers and heifers that are going to market and the new calves and their moms. There are about 150 calves that have to be born still.
    I don't think I am going to be able to drive the truck for a looong time.
    Jenn- we don't really like donkeys anymore. We had a bad experience with one that was on the ranch.
    ---S

    ReplyDelete
  9. S~ you are such a big help at the ranch! Sounds like you enjoyed fixing that fence with that mule! and your lego "MULE" is awesome! Nice job! I bet the cows are always happy to see you coming with that corn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. debbie- I had a really fun time fixing that fence S

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi, it's Oscar I have a surprise it's lego I can't wait to see your lego mule

    ReplyDelete