In earlier American rural life, communities raised barns because many hands were required. These events occured in a social framework with a good deal of interdependence. Members of rural communities often shared family bonds going back generations. They traded with each other, worshipped with each other and celebrated with each other. Barn raisings were an integral part of life and socializing.

In our modern American life, communities don't mean nearly as much as they did back then. It is our family's goal to bring a sense of community back to our lives and those lives that touch ours.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

     I realize that I am severely lacking on my Sunday Creations that I was wanting to post every Sunday. Today the best thing we created was memories. My Sister and her Mister had to go home today, but not before we were able to spend a wonderful Mother's Day together with our Mom. This is the first Mother's Day I have been able to spend with my Mom in a very long time. They were living in Arizona and we were thirteen hours apart. Now we are half a mile apart.
     I want to wish any mom who is reading this a very sincere wish that we can remember just how lucky we are each and every day. Lucky to have these very special beings depend on us and love us so purely. Lucky for the brief moment we get to hold their hands. We are even luckier for the moms' that we had to raise us to be the loving moms we are now. Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Memories are the ultimate creation and worth no or a lacking blog. Happy Mom's day.

    ReplyDelete