In earlier American rural life, communities raised barns because many hands were required. These events occured in a social framework with a good deal of interdependence. Members of rural communities often shared family bonds going back generations. They traded with each other, worshipped with each other and celebrated with each other. Barn raisings were an integral part of life and socializing.

In our modern American life, communities don't mean nearly as much as they did back then. It is our family's goal to bring a sense of community back to our lives and those lives that touch ours.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

My only resolution for this year is to try and keep up with this blog. That's it. Otherwise, I'm perfect! Hahaha.
Really, though, I have somewhat missed bloggerland. I have composed multiple posts in my head throughout the last few months. But then I fall asleep early or I am kept awake by one child or another. I think I will catch up and then the idea of all the things I would have to include overwhelms me and I give up.
All I ask of you is to have no expectations of me. Because I have learned that I am terrible with other peoples' expectations. Terrible.
Happy New Year. I hope that it is a good one for all of us.
With love and appreciation for anyone who might still be reading this, Amanda


2 comments:

  1. Not even one expectation...just enjoyment when you have the time & energy & desire to post something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Joyce........and welcome back too!

    ReplyDelete