In earlier American rural life, communities raised barns because many hands were required. These events occured in a social framework with a good deal of interdependence. Members of rural communities often shared family bonds going back generations. They traded with each other, worshipped with each other and celebrated with each other. Barn raisings were an integral part of life and socializing.

In our modern American life, communities don't mean nearly as much as they did back then. It is our family's goal to bring a sense of community back to our lives and those lives that touch ours.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ultrasound

   We made it back to town today just in time to go to my Doctor's appointment. Phew! Today was our ultrasound. We learned that we are having a very healthy, already plump, super active...GIRL! I have known ever since the test came back positive that this one was a girl. I knew it deep in my bones. We have decided to give her the name Iris June. Iris is a name that I have loved for years and after knowing an adorable Iris in Fort Collins, I had to give her this name. June is after Hubby's paternal grandmother who he loved very much. Hubby doesn't always have strong opinions, so when he does, I listen. I cannot wait to see this little one who has already tested all of my emotions. It makes me fear for what the future holds with another emotional girl along for the ride. M is bouncing out of her skin with excitement for a sister. S is looking forward to having another sibling, but as he so very sweetly put it today, he doesn't care what the gender is, as long as it is healthy and alive. T is confused as to why everyone is talking to my belly and thinks maybe there might be a baby in his round belly as well. Hubby and I are just happy in general.
   I will be (trying!) to catch up tomorrow on posting. I am going to attempt to go to the library by myself and use their free internet instead of what I am doing now, which is sitting in my car, further down our dirt road where I can pick up a signal, typing away in the dark and trying not to spook myself with thoughts of bears and boogeymen. So please check back for more posts and hopefully some pics added to old posts that need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment