In earlier American rural life, communities raised barns because many hands were required. These events occured in a social framework with a good deal of interdependence. Members of rural communities often shared family bonds going back generations. They traded with each other, worshipped with each other and celebrated with each other. Barn raisings were an integral part of life and socializing.

In our modern American life, communities don't mean nearly as much as they did back then. It is our family's goal to bring a sense of community back to our lives and those lives that touch ours.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

No Internet

   Living in the hills has already proven to be awesome. There is one drawback, however, and that is that we have to get a land line and even slower internet access. I feel like I am back in the nineties. In the meantime, I am using my laptop at coffee shops, the library and currently at Nana and Papa's house. Using it in public places generally leads to nothing actually getting accomplished except for my own frustration as I chase my T-bone around trying to get him to sit still long enough for me to finish typing a sentence. Hopefully we will get our internet hooked up this week and I will be able to catch up on my posts. In the meantime, I am thinking of you, my reader, and hoping you will stick this through with me. 
   Today, S, Meme, KS and I are heading out to Durango to do an exchange with my Aunt L. She will be taking KS back to Arizona and leaving my nephews, G and C, to spend the week with us. I am looking forward to seeing them all and to drive through such beautiful country. Our route includes driving through Ridgeway, Ouray, Silverton, Durango, Rico and Telluride.
  
  

1 comment:

  1. We use skybeam! They beam off Antelope Hill. The phone and the very fast internet only cost us $32 MONTH.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete